Ocean Shores: North Beach School District No. 64
- About the North Beach School District and community
- The North Beach School District encompasses an area approximately 26 miles long and 15 miles wide of the Washington coastline just north of Grays Harbor and includes the communities of Moclips, Pacific Beach, Copalis Beach, Ocean City and Ocean Shores. It is bordered on the north by the Quinault Indian Nation Reservation and the south by the mouth of the Grays Harbor.
- Recreational opportunities include world class bird watching, exploration of the 400 acre wildlife reserve and Protection Island, year-round fresh water, salt water and surf fishing, seasonal clamming, whale watching, kite flying and camping at Ocean City State Park and Pacific Beach State Park. In addition, a PGA rated 18 hole golf course, beachcombing or simply walking on the beach makes this area one of the most attractive places in the world.
- North Beach School District is a K-12 district which serves 655 students in a 9-12 high school; a grades 6-8 middle school; and two grades K-5 elementary schools. The superintendent is one of three district administrators. There are 44 FTE certificated and $$ FTE classified staff. The annual operating budget is approximately $4.2 million. The district also employs a Business Manager and Administrative Assistant.
- The North Beach School District is particularly proud of its school programs which stress academic achievement and social development through its co-curricular programs. Our students have successfully competed at Odyssey of the Mind World Competitions and Knowledge Bowl Programs at the Middle and High School, against students from A-AA to AAA schools. Our Band and Choir Programs provide experiences for our students as they perform locally and in competitions. The Band participates in the local Jazz Festival every November.
- In addition to the regular curriculum, the North Beach School District also offers high school students a Satellite Learning opportunity. Available courses range from foreign languages (Japanese, German, French and American Sign) to Advance Placement Math and English.
- Also available to qualifying high school junior and seniors is the opportunity to take college courses through the Running Start Program at Grays Harbor College where students receive both high school and college credits.
- Junior/Senior High School students are offered a variety of extra-curricular activities to choose from including football, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, baseball, softball, golf and track. Other activities include F.B.L.A., National Honor Society and Leadership conferences.
Board of Directors
- Jim Davis, Chair
- Stan Sturgeon
- Jim Hatton
- Nancy Jones
- Michael Weidman
- Judy Clarke, Business Manager
- Patrice Timpson, Administrative Assistant
North Beach School District No. 64
Delores A. Michaels, Superintendent
P.O. Box 159, Ocean Shores, WA 98569
Voice: (360) 289-2447 FAX: (360) 289-2492
Let the Ocean Shores Real Estate professionals represent you as a potential investor in Ocean Shores.
Our combined 15 years of quality real estate buyer representation is your security blanket. You know that we are fighting for you so that you get the best deal on the best property that you can buy in Ocean Shores.
FastCounter by LinkExchange